Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The oldest person I know

     My grandmother Wyvernia Brown is the oldest person I know. she is full of lots of wisdom a woman at the age of 86. I found out she had so much wisdom when i did a project with here while reading the book "Tuesdays with Morrie". By Mich Albom. 

I have always been close to my grandmother, and she has always motivates me to do the things I want most in life, accomplish my goals in life, and to do things that would make my life full of happiness. It was good that I chose her; I learned so much during are talks. We went thought topics such as life, death, careers, relationships, the world, and so much more.

     The ones I got the most out of were life and death, from both my grandmother and Morrie’s perspective. I enjoyed how when Morrie said, "Once you learn how to die, you learn how to live." I also enjoyed when he says, "So many people walk around with a meaningless life. They seem half-asleep, even when they're busy doing things they think are important. This is because they're chasing the wrong things. The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” "My grandmother said, “When you stop fearing death, you start to enjoy life to the fullest, you allow yourself to truly live.” These things made me stop fearing death, and just worries about what I can do now to live life with as little regrets as possible, and for the regrets I have, don’t focus so much on that it ends up blinding me from the life I have, then not realize it until my life is over.   

No comments:

Post a Comment