Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A part of the shor story i did wiyh hamham, Cat, Standford and kimmy san

- Jungsoon’s POV-
     After I introduced Ashton to his new room,  I sat on my bed and picked up the envelopes on the side of my dresser that were left in Tony's will. I looked at both of the envelopes. One was for me, the other for Ashton. I sat Ashton's mail back on the dresser, and opened mine. The letter read:
   Dear Jungsoon,                                                
       If you are reading this letter, then most likely I am dead. My doctor told me I didn’t have much more time to live so I need to prepare myself and my family. But I didn’t want you guys to pity me so I didn’t tell you. There was nothing that you or anyone else could have done, but before I leave, there is one thing that I ask of you. Take care of my nephew Ashton for me. You always ask me how you can pay me back for all I’ve done for you, well taking care of him, and helping him is what you can do for me. Take care and don't over work yourself. I am proud of how much you’ve grown, you were always like a son to me.
          With love, Tony.
I felt the hot tears fall down my face. To me he will always be the father I always wanted. After sitting for a few moments I wiped the tears away from my eyes, I gathered the other envelope that was for Ashton and headed to his room. I hope Ashton and I become friends. I heard a lot about him from Tony when I visited him. He sounded like a good kid, just a good kid with a sad past. Once I walked into the room, I was horrified. Ashton’s body was leaning weakly against the headboard of the bed, his eyes dazed. He was holding some sort of medication.
          Ashton!” I heard myself cry out as I ran to him. As I got closer, I could hear that he was counting. I grabbed the bottle out his hands and examined it. It was an antidepressant. I let out a deep sigh. I was relieved on the fact that he would be fine, but I don’t know about emotionally. All I could do was stare at him as he drifted off to sleep.
 I was filled with nothing but sadness and confusion. There was no need to ask the question ‘why was he so depressed?’ the answer was quite obvious. This boy had been through so much. How am I supposed to help someone that’s in so much pain? I sat for hours trying to figure out a way to help him feel better. Then suddenly he started to wake up.
          Ashton?” I shook him gently. His eyes widened and he shot straight up. He looked at me confused. I looked in his eyes, and all I could see is sadness. He looked at the bottle that was in my hand and tears started to fill his eyes. I pulled him into a hug. He tried to push me off, but I just held him tighter and he soon gave up and began sobbing into my chest.
          “That really was a stupid thing to do. Killing yourself won’t bring you any happiness. You might make the pain go away in your heart, but in reality you'll only hurt others.” I said softly.
          “W-why do… you c-care? You d-don’t even… know… me!” He said in between sobs, “you're just looking after me because you have to. I just want the pain to go away!” he moaned.
          “Do you honestly believe that death will solve that? If you were to die now, all the things your Uncle ever did for you would be for nothing. Do you think it would please him in any way, if you killed yourself.” He became silent and looked up at me.
          “He’s put so much effort into giving you a better life, so don’t give it up. Your parents' and Uncle may not be here anymore, but you are, so why not just live for them."
I then released him from my grip and he just stared at me.
            “Here,"  I said handing him the envelope. "Your uncle left this for you.”
After he finished reading the letter a light smile spread across his face.
            “You have a beautiful smile, you should do it more often.” I said to him and he blushed. How cute! 
            “About my Uncle's funeral," he said,  looking concerned. "How—”
            “Don’t worry about any of that. Leave it up to me.”
            “Thank you,” he replied. I stayed with him for the rest of the night, I was afraid to leave him alone. I helped him get his room organized, as we talked and got to know each other. He was really a good person. He had a beautiful personality to match his smile. He was kind of clumsy too; he kept tripping over things, which made him blush out of embarrassment. Tomorrow was the day for the funeral.

1 comment:

  1. This is kind of sad and disturbing at the same time. Hmm...if I correected this alreaddy, then would it still count? Anyway, I like what you came up with :).

    ReplyDelete