Sunday, October 24, 2010

     My ideal vacation would be in Seoul, Korea. I would rent out a nice hotel that’s close to most of the restaurants. I’d eat Kimchi, Bulgog which is made with thin slices of beef grilled and marinated in soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, sugar, green onions and black pepper. Beef, pork, and a range of seafood products are the most popular meat dishes in Korean cuisine, and much more. I’d be eating the food  the traditional way which is, sitting cross-legged at a low table, using chopsticks as my primary eating utensils, spoons if with soup or steamed rice, and these dishes usually remain on the table. Many families will not drink during their meal, but restaurants commonly serve water or tea. Side dishes are almost always shared, and it is considered impolite to begin eating before your elders at the table. In formal settings and at home, these rules are often strictly enforced, though in casual settings many Koreans ignore such traditions. I would eat a lot, then work it off by walking around an viewing all that around me. Then I go on sight seeing trips. I’d first go to the largest palace in Seoul, Gyeongbokgung , which reminds you of the early years of Korean dynasties. Until 1592 Gyeongbokgung served as the principal palace for the Joseon dynasty. The palace of today is only an impression of the palace it once was. The I’d go to The National Museum of Korea, which is known as the best Korea in art and history. Then I would go see a super junior concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment